Saturday, October 9, 2010

{Angel Eyes}

"I first caught sight of her on my way to the hotel office to check in. She walked past looking and smelling like a queen, and I caught myself wishing I'd worn a clean shirt. I've never liked redheads much, and it was the same with her, but the other way around. She looked the way an oxygen tank on the bottom of the ocean must look to a drowning sailor."


"Second time I saw her was just after my key hit the lock. I was half-dreaming about a safe evening with my shoes off, the radio on, a bucket of ice and some Ballantines. I heard a noise from the hotel pool and glanced over my shoulder. For a moment the picture was perfectly clear to me, a body floating on the surface, blood gently pooling from a head wound. I shook myself, had a double-take like some cartoon bunny and it was her again, her red hair drifting in the water like a halo..."


Thank you Angela for being your fabulous self, and to Tristan Smith for his amazing writing ability.
Photography Andi Watkins and Bryce Hunt

2 comments:

Michelle said...

absolutely stunning images! you two are a great team!

Rebecca said...

I don't know what to say, but WOW! I wish I had half the talent you two have. You are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your gifts.